- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup cut fresh green beans (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced quartered zucchini
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add egg. As egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Remove egg and chop into small pieces; set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute beans and onion in remaining oil for 1-2 minutes. Add the zucchini, mushrooms and garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until beans are tender and rice is lightly browned. Stir in soy sauce. Return egg to the pan; heat through. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Rice Saute in Reminisce October/November 2006, p49
Reviews for Veggie Rice Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review