Veggie Rice Bowl
As Sherry Hulsman of Louisville, Kentucky will tell you, this yummy recipe makes a lot, so it’s great for a gathering. With lots of vegetables and two kinds of rice, it’s a quick and easy dish.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Prepare rice mix and instant rice separately according to package
- directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions, celery,
- mushrooms and carrot in butter for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Stir
- in peas and prepared rice; cook for 2-4 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 105 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.