Veggie Rice Bowl Recipe
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1. Prepare rice mix and instant rice separately according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions, celery, mushrooms and carrot in butter for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in peas and prepared rice; cook for 2-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 105 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Veggie Rice Bowl
"This was a really good side dish served with our New Year's Day dinner."