- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons real bacon bits
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and dressing mix until blended. Beat in the onions, green chilies, olives, celery, red pepper and bacon. Spread over tortillas. Roll up. Cut each into 1-in. slices. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Veggie Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels
"I switched this up a little by eliminating the red pepper and bacon bits, substituting chopped pimientos and real bacon cooked on the stove. I also used half the ranch packet based on other reviews and refrigerated them overnight before slicing. That refrigerating really gave the flavors time to meld and the filling was, to me better for it. I made them for a work pot-luck, and they were gone in 15 minutes! Definitely a hit!"
"These are very good. I made them for my sisters party. Her and my niece are vegetarians so I omitted the bacon. I also added shredded cheddar cheese."
"Theses are delicious and disappear rapidly. The only change I made was to cook my own bacon, drain and break it up. Sometimes bacon bits have hard little bits I find off putting."
"I love appetizers like this. These roll ups are very tasty. I chopped up turkey bacon and cooked it, adding it to the rolls instead of bacon bits. Very good!! I think this recipe would be easy to add and take away from, adding a different type of pepper, or even adding some deli meat. Highly recommend, I could not stop eating them as I was making them!!"
"I absolutely love these. A tad labor-intensive, but well-worth it! I always leave out the green chilies (personal preference), and they're always good."