Veggie Quiche Bundles Recipe
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1. In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, zucchini and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until mushrooms are tender; stir in tomato. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pesto and pepper. In another bowl, combine feta and mozzarella cheeses.
- 2. Melt the remaining butter. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. Repeat with three more sheets of phyllo, brushing each layer. Cut phyllo in half widthwise, then cut in half lengthwise. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- 3. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough and butter. Carefully place each stack in a greased muffin cup. Fill each with 4 teaspoons vegetable mixture, 1 tablespoon cheese mixture and 4 teaspoons egg mixture. Pinch corners of phyllo together and twist to seal.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 bundle equals 141 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Veggie Quiche Bundles
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer