These special appetizers are as eye-catching as they are tasty. With a rich cheese-and-veggie filling, the crispy phyllo bundles could even be served as part of a brunch buffet.
Featured In: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, zucchini and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until mushrooms are tender; stir in tomato. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pesto and pepper. In another bowl, combine feta and mozzarella cheeses.
- Melt the remaining butter. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. Repeat with three more sheets of phyllo, brushing each layer. Cut phyllo in half widthwise, then cut in half lengthwise. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- Repeat with remaining phyllo dough and butter. Carefully place each stack in a greased muffin cup. Fill each with 4 teaspoons vegetable mixture, 1 tablespoon cheese mixture and 4 teaspoons egg mixture. Pinch corners of phyllo together and twist to seal.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Veggie Quiche Bundles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p26
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Veggie Quiche Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review