- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, zucchini and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until mushrooms are tender; stir in tomato. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pesto and pepper. In another bowl, combine feta and mozzarella cheeses.
- Melt the remaining butter. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. Repeat with three more sheets of phyllo, brushing each layer. Cut phyllo in half widthwise, then cut in half lengthwise. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- Repeat with remaining phyllo dough and butter. Carefully place each stack in a greased muffin cup. Fill each with 4 teaspoons vegetable mixture, 1 tablespoon cheese mixture and 4 teaspoons egg mixture. Pinch corners of phyllo together and twist to seal.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Veggie Quiche Bundles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p26
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Veggie Quiche Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review