Veggie Quesadillas Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, zucchini and onions until tender. Add the corn, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Using a slotted spoon, spoon filling on half of each tortilla. Sprinkle vegetable mixture with cheese and fold over tortilla. Lightly spray top of tortillas with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 quesadilla with 2 tablespoons salsa and 1 tablespoon sour cream equals 499 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,509 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.