"I got the idea for this recipe from a restaurant I used to frequent when I was in school," relates Shari Johnson of Green Bay, Wisconsin. "The tortillas are packed full of vegetables, cheese and seasonings, then baked to a golden brown.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms,
- zucchini and onions until tender. Add the corn, tomatoes, basil,
- salt and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon filling on half of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle vegetable mixture with cheese and fold over tortilla.
- Lightly spray top of tortillas with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered,
- at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with
- salsa and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 quesadilla with 2 tablespoons salsa and 1 tablespoon sour cream equals 499 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,509 mg sodium,