Veggie Pull-Apart Bread Recipe
A bread machine hurries along the dough-making process, but chopped vegetables, bacon and cheese make the buttery wreath unforgettable.—Christi Ross, Guthrie, Texas
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- VEGETABLE MIXTURE:
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 butter, cubed
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In bread machine pan, place butter, water, sour cream, sugar, salt, flour and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the celery, green pepper and onions in butter. Remove from the heat; stir in bacon and cheese.
- 2. When the cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into 24 balls; dip into the vegetable mixture. Place in a greased 9-in. fluted tube pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 343 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC