- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- VEGETABLE MIXTURE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting. Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons additional water or flour if needed.
- When cycle is completed, punch down dough and let rest, covered, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add celery and pepper; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Stir in green onions. Transfer to a bowl; cool slightly. Stir in bacon and cheese.
- Divide and shape dough into 24 balls; roll in vegetable mixture and place in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Yield: 1 loaf (12 servings).
Reviews for Veggie Pull-Apart Bread
Sort By :
"Is there a way to make the first part the traditional way? I had a bread machine and didn't like the results at all, so from then on, I didn't mind the good-for-you old-fashioned workout. I would love to do this recipe, but was saddened about the bread machine part. Sorry."
"This was delicious. I might try making a jalapeno-cheese bread with this dough recipe next time."
"Yummy, and so easy!"