- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- VEGETABLE MIXTURE:
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 butter, cubed
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In bread machine pan, place butter, water, sour cream, sugar, salt, flour and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the celery, green pepper and onions in butter. Remove from the heat; stir in bacon and cheese.
- When the cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into 24 balls; dip into the vegetable mixture. Place in a greased 9-in. fluted tube pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Veggie Pull-Apart Bread
Sort By :
Is there a way to make the first part the traditional way? I had a bread machine and didn't like the results at all, so from then on, I didn't mind the good-for-you old-fashioned workout. I would love to do this recipe, but was saddened about the bread machine part. Sorry.
This was delicious. I might try making a jalapeno-cheese bread with this dough recipe next time.
Yummy, and so easy!