Veggie Pull-Apart Bread Recipe
A bread machine hurries along the dough-making process, but chopped vegetables, bacon and cheese make the buttery wreath unforgettable.Christi Ross, Guthrie, Texas
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- VEGETABLE MIXTURE:
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 butter, cubed
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In bread machine pan, place butter, water, sour cream, sugar, salt, flour and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the celery, green pepper and onions in butter. Remove from the heat; stir in bacon and cheese.
- When the cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into 24 balls; dip into the vegetable mixture. Place in a greased 9-in. fluted tube pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Pull-Apart Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p6
Reviews for Veggie Pull-Apart Bread(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review