Veggie Potato Soup Recipe
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 6 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 large leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth; add to slow cooker. Stir in peas. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Yield: 11 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Veggie Potato Soup
Sort By :
After a few modifications I can honestly say that this is my new favorite soup recipe. I used better than bullion chicken stock and used fresh herbs rather than dry. I used several garlic cloves and sautéed the garlic and leeks before adding the other ingredients. I never added the cream, flour or peas because I loved the flavor so much. It is wonderful and I look forward to sharing with friends and family
It was bland for my taste and my daughter said it was bitter. It was an easy
soup to make in the crockpot and I liked that it was full of vegetables but unfortunately it wasn't a recipe to make again in our home.i sadly threw out the leftovers.
So yummy! Used yellow onion in place of leeks. Sprinkled some shredded cheddar in bowl before serving. Made on top of the stove. Great comfort food on a cold day!
This was very good. I added sweet potatoes and chicken as suggested by another review.
This is a really simple soup, quite flavorful. I loved it, my daughter liked the broth and my son ate his. So all in all a good meal for us. I did use chicken broth instead of veggie broth though.