- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless pork, cubed
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 3 tablespoons flour, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add pork; seal bag and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork in 3 tablespoons butter and oil; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, celery and mushrooms in remaining butter for 5 minutes. Add pork and zucchini; saute until meat juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the tomato. Place the remaining flour in a small bowl; stir in the broth and vinegar until smooth. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Pork Saute in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p59
Reviews for Veggie Pork Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review