Veggie Pork Kabobs Recipe
A refreshing orange glaze perks up these colorful kabobs from Candy Gruman of Tucson, Arizona. "I serve this summery dish with baked potatoes and garlic bread," Candy says. "You could substitute some other vegetables if you like, but these are our favorites."
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (8 ounces each), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into eighths
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice concentrate, marmalade and teriyaki sauce. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat. Pour 3/4 cup into another large resealable plastic bag; add peppers and onion. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate pork and vegetables for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Drain vegetables, reserving marinade for basting. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pork and vegetables.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-16 minutes or until meat juices run clear, turning and basing frequently with marinade. Serve with the reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Pork Kabobs in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p15
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Veggie Pork Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >