For a twist on the traditional vegetable side dish, our Test Kitchen home economists came up with this pizza for one. You can use vegetables to suit your tastes.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 frozen bread dough rolls, thawed
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Let dough rise according to package directions. On a lightly floured
- surface, knead the 2 rolls together. Roll dough into a 7-1/2-in.
- Place on a greased 7-1/2-in. pizza pan or baking sheet. Top with 1/2
- cup Monterey Jack cheese and peppers. Sprinkle with carrot and green
- onion. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or
- until crust is golden brown. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 559 calories, 29 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.