- saucepan, heat the water, tomato juice and oil to 120°-130°.
- Add to dry ingredients; beat until smooth. Stir in enough
- all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,
- about 5 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning
- once to coat top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45
- Preheat oven to 400°. Punch dough down; roll into a 12-in.
- circle. Transfer to a 14-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray;
- build up edges slightly.
- Spread with pizza sauce. Top with green pepper, mushrooms, onion,
- tomato and cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and
- edges are lightly browned. Yield: 6 slices.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 240 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.