Veggie Pizza Squares Recipe
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup each chopped green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and carrots
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough; press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Seal perforations.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and ranch dressing mix. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with vegetables and cheese. Chill for 1-2 hours. Cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 slice: 186 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Veggie Pizza Squares
"This is the version of veggie pizza that I like best--cream cheese and sour cream plus ranch dressing mix for the "sauce" layer. This works best if the veggies are done in a fairly small chop and I pat down the veggies into the cream cheese layer, so that cutting and eating are easier. I also go fairly light on the finely shredded cheese so that the ranch layer and the veggies are the dominant flavors. I like to use carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, and a smaller amount of radish. This makes for a pretty pizza, and even more picky eaters tend to like those veggies."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.