Veggie Pasta Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup each chopped celery, sweet red pepper, zucchini and carrots
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the vegetables, vinegar, basil, oil, sugar, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 2. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into vegetable mixture. Add Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 108 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Veggie Pasta Salad
"My family really enjoyed this pasta. Will be making this again for sure. Good for a hot day very refreshing. doubled the dressing."
"I made this for my family and a friend on the 4th of July, and we really enjoyed it! It is very flavorful, and I love the veggies in it. I added carrots, and left out the onions and garlic, but I'm going to make it again today and use all the ingredients. :)"
"Great pasta salad!!! Easy to make and makes a nice amount. (grilled leftover veggies to put on other salads). I'll be making this salad often this summer and will be taking this to my next pot luck."
"What a wonderful pasta salad. I doubled the recipe for a party and it was an amazing hit. I also used all the veggies from our local farmers market to get the freshest organic ones. Will be making this one again!!"
"i loved it, me & my sister are vegans so we didn't add the cheese and we just used 1/2 tbsp of agave instead of sugar. And cucumber instead of zuchinni because we were out. But totally delish. Looks like a good before a run meal."
"I took this to work for a lunch buffet and everyone loved it! I would definitely make it again!"
"Yummy! A great way to get my husband to gobble up some vegetables!~ Theresa"
"Made this for a picnic last Sunday...delicious! Even my eight-year-old grandniece went back for seconds."