Veggie Pasta Salad Recipe
Melissa Marsh of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania shares this colorful pasta salad with fresh veggies in a pleasant balsamic vinegar dressing. Fix a batch ahead of time for sensational meatless meals all week.
- 8 ounces uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup each chopped celery, sweet red pepper, zucchini and carrots
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the vegetables, vinegar, basil, oil, sugar, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 2. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into vegetable mixture. Add Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup equals 108 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 352 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC