Melissa Marsh of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania shares this colorful pasta salad with fresh veggies in a pleasant balsamic vinegar dressing. Fix a batch ahead of time for sensational meatless meals all week.
- 8 ounces uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup each chopped celery, sweet red pepper, zucchini and carrots
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the vegetables, vinegar, basil, oil, sugar, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into vegetable mixture. Add Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p26
Reviews for Veggie Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review