Veggie Party Pizza Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup plus1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- 1. For crust, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add milk and 1/4 cup oil; mix well. Shape into a ball; knead 10 times.
- 2. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Prick with fork; brush with remaining oil. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, ranch dressing mix, mayonnaise and milk; spread over crust. Sprinkle with vegetables and cheese. Garnish with olives if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 14 servings.
One serving (1 slice) equals 234 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 592 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Veggie Party Pizza
"This is a great base for a fresh veggie pizza. I liked that this recipe has a homemade crust, which wasn't hard to make and felt healthier than a store-bought dough that's processed with preservatives. I didn't have enough cottage cheese on hand, so I just used 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 8oz. package of cream cheese, the ranch packet, and a little fresh garlic. I adjusted the topping by omitting the onions and adding diced red peppers. I also used monterey/colby jack cheese instead of mozzarella. The finely chopped veggies might have stayed on even better if i had broiled it for a few mins to melt the cheese a bit. I will continue to bring this tasty appetizer (with a few adjustments) to get-togethers. It is a nice change from a veggie and dip platter."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.