"I originally made this yummy veggie pizza to share with a friend who was watching her cholesterol," says Laura Kadlec of Maiden Rock, Wisconsin. "But it's so good, I serve it to my family often. Even the kids munch on it."
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup plus1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- For crust, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add milk and 1/4 cup oil; mix well. Shape into a ball; knead 10 times.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Prick with fork; brush with remaining oil. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, ranch dressing mix, mayonnaise and milk; spread over crust. Sprinkle with vegetables and cheese. Garnish with olives if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Party Pizza in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p16
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Veggie Party Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review