These taste like potato pancakes but have a fun colorful look from nutritious carrots, zucchini, peas and corn. It's a surefire way to get your kids to eat a variety of vegetables.Coleen Schneider, Johnsonburg, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 to 3 medium zucchini, coarsely grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium potato, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper, garlic powder and celery seed
- Oil for frying
- In a sieve or colander, drain the zucchini, squeezing to remove
- excess liquid. Combine zucchini, carrot, potato, peas and corn in a
- bowl. Stir in the eggs, flour, cheese and seasonings; mix well.
- In a skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil over medium heat. Drop batter by
- 1/4 cupfuls; press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden brown, about
- 3 minutes on each side. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.