Veggie Noodle Side Dish Recipe
I love to cook with fresh vegetables, especially when they're from my garden! Pair this colorful side dish with grilled chicken for a very easy meal.—Wendy Myers, Thompson Falls, Montana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3/4 cup cut fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the pepper, green beans, carrots and onion in oil for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions (discard seasoning packet or save for another use).
- 2. Add the remaining ingredients to the vegetable mixture; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain noodles; add to vegetables and stir until blended. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 173 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC