I love to cook with fresh vegetables, especially when they're from my garden! Pair this colorful side dish with grilled chicken for a very easy meal.—Wendy Myers, Thompson Falls, Montana
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3/4 cup cut fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the pepper, green beans, carrots and onion in oil for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions (discard seasoning packet or save for another use).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the vegetable mixture; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain noodles; add to vegetables and stir until blended. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Noodle Side Dish in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p49
Reviews for Veggie Noodle Side Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2011
"Made this for dinner tonight, and paired it with marinated chicken. Delish! I'm glad that there's some leftover for lunch tomorrow!"