Veggie Nicoise Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 bunches romaine, torn
- 6 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, quartered
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup Nicoise or Kalamata olives
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients; set aside.
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Drizzle warm potatoes with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette; toss to coat and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. With tongs, remove asparagus and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Return water to a boil. Add green beans; cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove beans and place in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the kidney beans, onion and 1 tablespoon vinaigrette; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Just before serving, toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette; toss green beans with 2 teaspoons vinaigrette. Place romaine in a large bowl; drizzle with remaining vinaigrette and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving platter; arrange vegetables, kidney bean mixture, eggs, artichoke hearts and olives over lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Veggie Nicoise Salad(4)
Sort By :
Made this for my family dinner at our cabin. It was perfect and everyone loved not only how it tasted, but how it looked! Lots of prep time for this, but well worth the effort!
Wonderful salad as guests can select the vegetables they like. Nice presentation.
A lot of prep time but very tasty results!
What a wonderful salad on our table for Easter dinner
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >