Veggie Nachos Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2-1/2 quarts water, divided
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, broken into small florets
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) bite-size tortilla chips
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, drain. Add 3/4 cup water and taco seasoning. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil. Add broccoli and cauliflower. Cook for 2 minutes; drain.
- 3. Place chips on a large ovenproof serving platter. Top with beef mixture, broccoli and cauliflower. In a bowl, combine soup, milk and red pepper. Drizzle over vegetables. Sprinkle with olives.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 239 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Veggie Nachos
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.