- 1 pound ground beef
- 2-1/2 quarts water, divided
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, broken into small florets
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) bite-size tortilla chips
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, drain. Add 3/4 cup water and taco seasoning. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil. Add broccoli and cauliflower. Cook for 2 minutes; drain.
- Place chips on a large ovenproof serving platter. Top with beef mixture, broccoli and cauliflower. In a bowl, combine soup, milk and red pepper. Drizzle over vegetables. Sprinkle with olives.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Veggie Nachos
Sort By :
"These are wonderful. A very nice change from your typical nacho. Nothing about this recipe title is deceiving, it is Veggie Nachos, not Vegetarian Nachos.That being said, my oldest daughter who is a vegetarian loves it, I make two batches when I throw it together, one as stated and the other without meat and the addition of chopped red bell peppers and other favorite veggies.I highly recommend this recipe, I make it for my family at least once a month.Where I live, the cheese soup can sometimes be hard to find, however I just buy the can of cheese stuff that I think Hormel makes, it is with their other chili type products at my local store."
"It sounds good and I would make it, but the title is deceiving because I am a vegetarian and there is meat in this recipe."