Veggie Mushroom Rice Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick saucepan, saute the onion, peppers and celery in oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic; saute 3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the rice, water and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- 2. Carefully transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup equals 154 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Veggie Mushroom Rice
"I served this with bbq ribs and it was a nice change from typical baked beans. Next day it was served as a salad - cold with some asparagus and lemon juice added."