Veggie Mushroom Rice Recipe
There’s plenty of herb and mushroom flavor for friends and family to savor in this hearty, healthful side dish. It would go well with a variety of meats and main dishes. Tammy Condit – League City, Texas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick saucepan, saute the onion, peppers and celery in oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic; saute 3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the rice, water and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- 2. Carefully transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup: 154 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Veggie Mushroom Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC