The colorful vegetables give this loaf a festive lookand they add so much goodness! Baking it in a casserole gives my meat loaf a unique shape, too, just for something a little different. Our family likes mashed potatoes, soup or salad and biscuits with it.Audrey Armour, Thamesford, Ontario
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg and bread crumbs. Add
- remaining ingredients and mix well. Pat mixture into a 1-1/2-qt.
- baking dish. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink
- remains. Drain. Unmold loaf to serve. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 202 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot