Veggie Meatloaf Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg and bread crumbs. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pat mixture into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains. Drain. Unmold loaf to serve. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 202 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.