Veggie Meatball Stew Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups water
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup tomato sauce, egg, onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and allspice. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large saucepan, brown meatballs; drain. Add the water, potatoes, carrots, peas, green pepper, soup mix and remaining tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Meatball Stew in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p140
Reviews for Veggie Meatball Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2010
"I would add pasta."
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2008
"Wow, this sounds really good. I'm going to try this next time I need a good, satisfying supper!! Sounds like it would hit the spot on a winter night!"