Veggie Meatball Soup
"It's a snap to put together this hearty soup before I leave for work," says Charla Tinney of Tyrone, Oklahoma. "I just add cooked pasta when I get home, and I have a few minutes to relax before supper is ready."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 12 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each) , thawed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and
- cook on low for 4-5 hours. Just before serving, stir in pasta; heat
- through. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 125 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 574 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.