- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 12 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each), thawed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Just before serving, stir in pasta; heat through. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Veggie Meatball Soup
"I was very surprised by how good this recipe actually was. I am not a big soup person but I love using the slow cooker and this was a great experience for me. Very easy to make and I wouldnt change anything!"
"Very tasty, very easy. Hubby gave this 5 stars--me too."
"Great soup! Mmmm-mmmm Good! IMHO this is one of those recipes that some of the ingredients can be switched for others, or some left out. I happened to have a summer squash and used that along with the zucchini. I didn't use the green beans, but used mushrooms instead. Also used bow tie pasta instead of the macaroni. One more change, to cut down on the sodium I used home-made chicken broth, to which I never add salt. Served the soup with Bacon-Chive-Cheese Scones."
"This was great to make when I had lots of leftovers and little time. For fun, I added some spinach to thebrest of ingredients you mentioned. Thank you. It was very good. Post more recipes!"
"im wondering why a soup with fully cooked ingredients needs to be cooked for 4 to 5 hours? This sounds like it could be thrown together in 20 minutes on the stovetop."