Veggie Meatball Soup for 3 Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 3/4 cup canned stewed tomatoes
- 9 frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs (1/2 ounce each), thawed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Stir in pasta; cover and cook on high for 15-30 minutes or until tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 3 cups.
1 cup: 250 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Veggie Meatball Soup for 3
"It is one of our favorites. So good. I usually double the recipe and quarter the meatballs. Thank you for a good one."
"So simple, so delicious, perfect meal for a mom on the go!"
"Got this recipe last month and have already made it twice. It's so good! I don't measure much when I make it and usually try to add extra broth, tomatoes, and meatballs. (I use Great Value brand homestyle meatballs, and am satisfied with them.) I've also added fresh celery once and dried celery flakes once--both good. This recipe took the fast track to one I make when company's over. Try it over lots of Fritos!"
"This is a new family favorite! This was really easy to make and with ingredients readily available in the pantry and freezer."