I developed this recipe in an attempt to offer a simple well-balanced meal the whole family could enjoy. Everyone raves about the soy-flavored sauce.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large nonstick skillet, cook meatballs, vegetables and onion until meatballs are browned; drain.
- Stir in the soup, soy sauce and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Meatball Medley in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p30
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Veggie Meatball Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review