- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large nonstick skillet, cook meatballs, vegetables and onion until meatballs are browned; drain.
- Stir in the soup, soy sauce and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Meatball Medley in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p30
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Veggie Meatball Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 5, 2012
These are called Veggie meatballs not Vegan - I don't see the word vegan anywhere, sorry for the confusion."DianedmcWhy is this recipe with "vegan meatballs, from scratch", there is meat in this recipe!!!!
Reviewed May. 4, 2012
"Why is this recipe with "vegan meatballs, from scratch", there is meat in this recipe!!!!"