I developed this recipe in an attempt to offer a simple well-balanced meal the whole family could enjoy. Everyone raves about the soy-flavored sauce.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large nonstick skillet, cook meatballs, vegetables and onion until meatballs are browned; drain.
- Stir in the soup, soy sauce and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Meatball Medley in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p30
Reviews for Veggie Meatball Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2016
"I buy my meatballs then continue with the recipe. My family loves this!!"
Reviewed May. 5, 2012
"[quote user="Dianedmc"]Why is this recipe with "vegan meatballs, from scratch", there is meat in this recipe!!!! [/quote] These are called Veggie meatballs not Vegan - I don't see the word vegan anywhere, sorry for the confusion."
Reviewed May. 4, 2012
"Why is this recipe with "vegan meatballs, from scratch", there is meat in this recipe!!!!"