Veggie Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, tomato, peas, cheese, celery, egg and onions.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving equals 234 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.