"When I bring this super salad to church dinners, there is usually nothing to take home," relates Lynn Cole of Sagle, Idaho. "Add 2 or 3 cups leftover turkey or chicken to create a filling main-dish salad," she suggests. "The dressing is so good that we use it on potato salads and even lettuce salads!"
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, tomato, peas, cheese, celery, egg and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Macaroni Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p49
Reviews for Veggie Macaroni Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review