Veggie Kabobs with Gingered Yogurt Recipe
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into eight pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into eight slices
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into eight slices
- 1 large green pepper, cut into eight pieces
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, onions, ginger, honey, mustard, garlic and salt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the red peppers, zucchini, eggplant and green pepper; brush with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-18 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally. Serve with yogurt sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 kabob with 1/4 cup yogurt sauce equals 162 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.