Veggie Ham Medley
"Ever since a friend gave me the recipe for this macaroni dish, it has been my husband's favorite," relates Ida Mae White of Forsyth, Missouri. "I fix it for him at least once a week."
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet over medium heat, cook the ham, basil and garlic powder in
- butter for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables; cook until tender; stirring occasionally. Drain
- macaroni; add to the skillet. Stir in sour cream and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is
- melted. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 395 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 831 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein.