"Ever since a friend gave me the recipe for this macaroni dish, it has been my husband's favorite," relates Ida Mae White of Forsyth, Missouri. "I fix it for him at least once a week."
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ham, basil and garlic powder in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables; cook until tender; stirring occasionally. Drain macaroni; add to the skillet. Stir in sour cream and 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Ham Medley in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p42
Reviews for Veggie Ham Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review