Veggie Ham 'n' Eggs Recipe
This versatile recipe works well with a number of alternate ingredients. Instead of ham, try cooked and crumbles bacon. Or use different vegetables and cheese to suit your family's tastes.
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the ham, mushrooms, pepper and onions in butter for 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and salt. Remove ham mixture from skillet; keep warm.
- In same skillet, add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are slightly set. Add ham mixture. Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Ham 'n' Eggs in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p3
Reviews for Veggie Ham 'n' Eggs(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2010
I used crumbled bacon and it was a big hit. I will try it with ham next time.