VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 3 to 4 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 6 ounces dill Havarti or Swiss cheese, sliced
- Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread; turn bread butter side down. Generously spread mustard over four slices of bread. Layer each with a fourth of the coleslaw mix and a fourth of the cheese; top with remaining bread, butter side up.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Toast sandwiches until the bread is lightly browned on each side and the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 sandwiches.
Originally published as Veggie Grilled Cheese in Country Extra May 2005, p49
Reviews forVeggie Grilled Cheese
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2011
"I love broccoli slaw. I also make this with zesty italian dressing instead of the honey mustard."