Veggie Grilled Cheese
The coleslaw is a fun and colorful addition to a toasted cheese sandwich, and the Havarti makes it different, too.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 3 to 4 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 6 ounces dill Havarti or Swiss cheese, sliced
- Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread; turn bread butter
- side down. Generously spread mustard over four slices of bread.
- Layer each with a fourth of the coleslaw mix and a fourth of the
- cheese; top with remaining bread, butter side up.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Toast sandwiches
- until the bread is lightly browned on each side and the cheese is
- melted. Yield: 4 sandwiches.