This bread gets its zip from convenient bottled dressing that serves as a quick marinade. It's a cinch to whip up, too—I've even made it on camping trips atop a grill.—Janet Twigg, Campbellford, Ontario
Featured In: 32 Awesome Apple Breakfasts
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup Italian or Greek salad dressing
- 1 unsliced loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Toast bread until lightly browned; top with the tomato mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Veggie French Bread in Country Woman July/August 2001, p39
Reviews for Veggie French Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review