Veggie Fajitas Recipe
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the vegetables, salt and pepper in oil for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup vegetable mixture down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese; fold in sides. Top with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 8 fajitas.
1 each: 304 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 891mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Veggie Fajitas
"I loved it!"