For scrumptious and super-healthy party fare, Sarah Mercer suggests her colorful, hearty fajitas packed with crisp-tender veggies. “My husband prefers these to chicken or beef fajitas and I serve them for dinner often,“ says the Wichita, Kansas cook.
Recommended: 30 Mexican Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- In a large skillet, saute the vegetables, salt and pepper in oil for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup vegetable mixture down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese; top with sour cream and salsa. Fold in sides. Yield: 8 fajitas.
Originally published as Veggie Fajitas in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p26
Reviews for Veggie Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 18, 2015
"I loved it!"