Veggie Egg Scramble Recipe
- 6 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, whites, wine or broth, salt, pepper and garlic powder; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and mushrooms in butter and oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese and basil. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup: 201 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Veggie Egg Scramble
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.