- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cups cooked couscous, cooled
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 plum tomato, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and onion salt. Add couscous and cheese; stir until blended. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in the broccoli, mushrooms, 1/2 cup cheese and nutmeg. Pour into crust. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with tomato, onions and remaining cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Veggie Couscous Quiche
"I thought this was a pretty good recipe! A great way to use leftover couscous! I didn't use the mushrooms but instead I steamed some baby carrots and cut them up. Also I used mozzarella instead of swiss (because it's what I had). I found the nutmeg was a bit of an odd addition. Lastly I would suggest adding some more salt. With a few tweaks, this is a good recipe! I'll be making this again."