Veggie Couscous Quiche Recipe
Tomato, green onions and broccoli bring red and green color to this sunrise specialty, giving it Christmasy flair. It also gets an interesting taste twist from nutmeg.Julie Kirkpatrick, Billings, Montana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cups cooked couscous, cooled
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 plum tomato, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and onion salt. Add couscous and cheese; stir until blended. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in the broccoli, mushrooms, 1/2 cup cheese and nutmeg. Pour into crust. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with tomato, onions and remaining cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Couscous Quiche in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p27
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Veggie Couscous Quiche(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >