In Fountaintown, Indiana, Cindy Neville whips up these pretty brown pancakes chock-full of corn and vegetables and a zippy hint of hot pepper sauce for extra spice at mealtime.
Recommended: 25 Healthy Zucchini Recipes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 14 tablespoons salsa
- 7 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, corn, onion, peppers and hot pepper sauce; stir into dry ingredients until well blended.
- Heat a large nonstick griddle or skillet coated with cooking spray; drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Serve with salsa and sour cream. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Corn Cakes in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p51
Reviews for Veggie Corn Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review