Veggie Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup apple juice or cider
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken, garlic and ginger in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken and keep warm. Drain excess oil from skillet; add the carrots, parsnips, broth, apple juice and teriyaki sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and onions. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are almost crisp-tender.
- 2. Return chicken to skillet. Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Veggie Chicken Stir-Fry
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.