Veggie Chicken Skillet
“Everyone loves a good chicken dish, and this is one of them,” assures Lisa Elizabeth Trudeau of Wikwemikong, Ontario. “It's simple and fast to prepare because it all cooks in the same skillet.” TIP: “Serve it with hot cooked rice,” she advises.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken
- over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove
- and keep warm. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, mustard and
- honey until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan. Add the broccoli, carrot and onion.
- Sprinkle with cayenne. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 7-8 minutes
- or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with about 1/3 cup vegetables equals 169 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.