“Everyone loves a good chicken dish, and this is one of them,” assures Lisa Elizabeth Trudeau of Wikwemikong, Ontario. “It's simple and fast to prepare because it all cooks in the same skillet.” TIP: “Serve it with hot cooked rice,” she advises.
Featured In: 23 Chicken and Vegetable Recipes
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, mustard and honey until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan. Add the broccoli, carrot and onion. Sprinkle with cayenne. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 7-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Chicken Skillet in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Veggie Chicken Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review