Veggie Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, mustard and honey until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan. Add the broccoli, carrot and onion. Sprinkle with cayenne. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 7-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Chicken Skillet in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Veggie Chicken Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2009
"this is a keeper!!it is fast and easy to prepare and yummy!!!!!!! i served it with steamed rice and dinner rolls"