Veggie Chicken Packet Recipe
- 2 tablespoons uncooked instant rice
- 1 bone-in chicken breast half
- 1/4 cup sliced carrot
- 2 onion slices, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup julienned green and sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Place rice in the center of a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. square); top with chicken and vegetables. Combine the water, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce; pour over vegetables. Dot with butter. Fold foil around the chicken and vegetables and seal tightly.
- 2. Place in a baking pan. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 453 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 1002mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 42g protein .
Reviews for Veggie Chicken Packet
"I love this recipe. I clean the carrots and peppers before (place in bowl with a little water) so when I come home from work, put everything together and pop in the oven set the timer and I am done. My family loves this and so easy."
"Delicious and easy!"