Veggie Chicken Packet Recipe
Cooking doesn't get much easier than this tasty recipe submitted by Teresa Stough of Augusta, Georgia. An aluminum foil "boat" holds a chicken breast, rice, veggies and seasonings for baking. There's little cleanup and no leftovers.
- 2 tablespoons uncooked instant rice
- 1 bone-in chicken breast half
- 1/4 cup sliced carrot
- 2 onion slices, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup julienned green and sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Place rice in the center of a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. square); top with chicken and vegetables. Combine the water, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce; pour over vegetables. Dot with butter. Fold foil around the chicken and vegetables and seal tightly.
- 2. Place in a baking pan. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 1 serving.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC